Follow the below simple steps to make your Instagram profile public:
- Go to your profile by tapping the profile icon –
- Tap ‘Edit Your Profile‘ which is located next to your profile photo
- Turn off the ‘Posts are Private‘ setting
- Tap ‘Done‘
How do I get a link (URL) to a photo or video?
You can get a link to photos and videos that have been shared publicly. If an account is set to private, you won’t be able to copy a link to any of their posts.
To get a link to a post in the iOS app:
- Tap above the post
- Tap Copy Share URL to save the link.
You can also get the link by viewing the post on the web. To get a URL from the web:
- Open your web browser.
- Go to instagram.com/username. For example, if the username is “johnsmith,” type in instagram.com/johnsmith as the URL.
- Click the post you want to save and copy the link at the top of your browser.