2017 was productive for most of the big and some promising musicians who used the internet forever.
SoundCloud, an online audio distribution platform that allows its users to upload, record, promote and share their original sounds, was one of the advertising tools most Ghanaian artists used this year.
Top 10 most played Ghanaian songs on SoundCloud in 2017
Unlike iTunes, SoundCloud is more accessible to people who do not have Apple products. Ghanaian artists took the opportunity to explore their distributional horizon.
From “Jeje” by Sista Afia to “One Shot” by R2Bees, Ghanaian musicians have received a lot of broadcasts on SoundCloud this year and it’s great to share it with you.
In 2017, Pulse Ghana’s Entertainment Editor David Mawuli compiled the list of the most-heard Ghanaian sounds on SoundCloud in descending order.
1. “One Shot” by R2Bees feat. Sarkodie & Shatta Wale – 360k
2. “My Baby” by Magnom feat. Joey B
3. “Ayoo” by Shatta Wale – 251k
4. “Odo” by KiDi – 181k
5. “Pain Killer” by Sarkodie feat. Runtown – 176k
6. “Hosanna” by Shatta Wale feat. Burna Boy – 160k
7. “Abaa” by E.L – 159k
8. “Sponsor” by Ebony – 135k
9. “Umbrella” by Shatta Wale – 128k
10. “Jeje” by Sista Afia feat. Shatta Wale & Afezi Perry – 124k
Please Note: The numbers come from reports by artists and popular users. The transfer figures of other accounts, apart from the main accounts, wer=-e not added because David Mawuli could not track everyone. The submissions were made on Friday, December 8, 2017.